Monday, August 25, 2014

Song and Photograph of the Week - August 25, 2014

As many students are returning to school this and next week, I still have a whole other  month left before I have to go back. I am excited to still have a month left to relax a little bit, including a week long trip to BEND, OR! Which I am so excited about if you can't tell! I love it over there.

Over the past week or so, I have kind of gotten a little obsessed with listening to MKTO. American Dream, is the song of the week. It is a mix of pop-ish/rock and rap. I always love it when I find a song that has a deep meaning and relevant lyrics. These lyrics if you listen closely point out how the American Dream has changed in the last few decades.

"This ain’t the same summer song that you used to know
Cause Jack left Diane thirty years ago
The world is spinning too fast for you and me
So tell me whatever happened to the American dream?"

"Honey take my hand and follow me, cause
I don't want to hurt you and he does
I just want to give you some real advice
Never take candy from stranger
And keep your eyes open for danger
Because this right here is a twisting paradise"

"This ain’t the same summer song that you used to know
So baby, let's live and die before we're getting old
You know that nothing is the way it used to be
So tell me whatever happened to the American dream"

Divorce rates are up; people are moving too fast; people are out to hurt other people; you are successful if you have house, car, and yacht; you have a higher social statue and better life than the one do not have. The world is changing at a very fast pace, everything is getting way too complicated. We don't take enough time for ourselves, to step back and enjoy living.

So, for the Photograph of the Week, I am giving you one from 2011 when I got my first DSLR with graduation money! It still remains to be one of my favorite nature images I've taken! This was back before I edited anything, so here it is unedited :)








No comments:

Post a Comment