Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Song and Photograph of the Week - August 5, 2014

August already?! Didn't post this yesterday due to a crazy busy day of nannying. By the time I got home around 7:20, I just wanted to chill. My day started out with cleaning a garage floor covered in dog vomit, getting the boys ready, having one ready to be picked up to go to a gymnastics camp, then taking the other one with me to the vet with the sick dog, and guess what?! He threw up in my car on the way home! So, I had to clean that when we got to the house, and from there it was just a super busy day with driving, and running around. But I do love being a nanny!

Song of the week? I haven't really been listening to a ton of music lately. While editing, sometimes I like to watch movies. So this week will be movie of the week I guess :) I went on a movie watching marathon, almost all the summer crush ABC movies! My favorite, if you can call it that was Lovestruck: The Musical. If you don't know how cheesy ABC movies are....haha you should definitely watch one and find out!

This past Friday I went on a beast of a hike. I didn't realize how much of an elevation gain 1300 ft in 1 mile is.......yeah, it sucked. BUT, the view at the top was amazing. The hike was Mitchell Point, it is at exit 58 right before Hood River. If you have hiked Angels Rest, the elevation gain for Mitchell Point is about 100 feet less gain than Angels Rest. Mind you to the top of Angels Rest, it is 2.4 miles. So imagine twice as steep and you have Mitchell Point. I was telling my friend I took on the hike with me, that I wanted to recommend it to everyone, and watch them die hiking it :P I decided just to warn you all not to do it unless you are in amazing shape, or want to have your legs burning the whole time. The image I want to show you, its too big. It's about a 270 degree view of the Gorge. You can see it HERE! Go check it out!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment