Monday, September 1, 2014

Song and Photograph of the Week - September 1, 2014

September already?! I am so glad I still have a WHOLE other MONTH till school starts! Starting later is more fun than getting out early, I think. Not excited fall is coming, I like summer the best. BUT for those of you that like getting fall portraits done, now is the time to start planning and booking sessions!

Happy Labor Day! Hope everyone had a safe and fun weekend. Ive been painting, cleaning my room, and school shopping!

Song of the week....hmmm I've been listening to American Dream a lot, but that was last weeks song of the week. Chandelier by Sia is really good. I listen to lyrics and not just badly sing them in the car. So I really like her lyrics, "I'm gonna live my life like tomorrow doesn't exist." Taking it out of the context of drinking, and thinking about actually living life.  I don't think people live like they don't have a tomorrow to do things, like say you're sorry, love on people, or tell people about Jesus. I've been reading Jefferson Bethke's book Jesus > Religion, and really like a quote from it, " if Jesus’ grace has radically collided with a heart, I believe that person will begin to align themselves with Jesus’ image, looking more like him every day." I think that pertains to living like theres no tomorrow, living as a walking image of Jesus every day, because you never know who is looking or doesn't have tomorrow to live. Just a thought!


The photograph of the week was taken on my phone, but I love what I painted (wasn't finished at this point)! 1 Corinthians 13:8


No comments:

Post a Comment